Can I have one?

'Ware comfortable old habits, dear reader. I have recently taken up issue with the succubi that are alcohol and nicotine, and they are not kind. Their winged (pronunciation is wing+your nickname if your name is Edward) forms taunted me and I was unable to resist the rare pleasure of a fine cigar as accompaniment to a good helping of usige. A man could not ask for a more pleasant activity on a crisp fall evening in Ontario. The demonic forces had tempted me with their beauty, and I fell, willing, into their arms. Once the honeymoon wore off, though, my appetites had changed. They had become boorish, even belligerent. I looked on, horrified, as I attempted to revivify my desire with the application of beer and cigarettes. I will not bore you with details, I believe that it will suffice to say that I woke up grumpy and sore for not a few mornings. All the while ignoring my better judgement. It is only through memory of previous success against this dual addiction that I have summoned up the strength to deny myself their increasingly insistent charms. Is there a lesson to be learned from all of this? Most definitely. Will I repeat my bold flirtation with these awful demons? Also, and if you know me, you knew this, most definitely.